- Was the first to portray Ado Annie in the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Oklahoma! in its original stage production in 1943.
- Made her screen debut in the 1946 musical Three Little Girls in Blue.
- Winner of the 1968 Sarah Siddons Award for excellence in Chicago theater. The award was presented by the Sarah Siddons Society, a non-profit organization inspired by the fictitious society in Holm's 1950 film All About Eve.
- Was knighted by King Olav of Norway in 1979.
- Appeared alongside then-husband Wesley Addy on the ABC soap opera Loving.
- 1968, Emmy — Outstanding Achievement in Daytime Programming - Individuals: Nominee
- 1947, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 1949, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1979, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Special: Nominee
- 1948, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 1950, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- Theodor Holm — Father
- Frank Basile — Husband
- Ted Nelson — Son
- Francis Davies — Ex-husband
- Daniel Dunning — Son
- Wesley Addy — Husband (deceased)
- Ralph Nelson — Ex-husband
- A. Schuyler Dunning — Ex-husband
- Jean Holm — Mother
- Attended Lycée Victor Duruy, Paris, France; attended University of Paris, Paris, France; attended City University of New York, City College, New York, NY; University of Chicago, Chicago, IL (1934)
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Birthday: April 29, 1917, Taurus
- Died: July 15, 2012
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind