- Mother passed away from lupus when she was 6.
- Her first stage performance was at 14, when she played a 60-year-old woman, the lead in Brecht's The Mother.
- Her hero growing up was Mrs. Overall, a character played by actress Julie Walters in the BBC spoof Acorn Antiques; years later she and Walters appeared together in an Arthur Miller play.
- Her breakthrough role came as Mel Gibson's love interest in his Oscar-winning Braveheart (1995).
- In 2008, starred in British stage productions of A Doll's House and The Portrait of a Lady.
- The following year, she appeared in another British stage production, Six Characters in Search of an Author.
- Has directed small films, and says that, had acting not panned out, she may instead have "been a film director in a different life" or owned "a small cinema somewhere where I could program my own seasons."
- Len McCormack — Father
- Stephen McCormack — Brother
- Carol McCormack — Mother
- Oxford School of Drama, Oxford, England (1996)
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $2.99 (as of 1:04 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 1:04 AM UTC - more info)
By HBO StudiosNot yet released Buy New: $39.96 (as of 1:04 AM UTC - more info)