- Is of German and Mexican descent.
- Relocated to California in 1970 and studied acting with coaches Milton Katselas and Anna Strasberg.
- Worked at a Woolworth's department store until she landed acting jobs.
- Designed her own wardrobe for the character of Daisy Duke on the series The Dukes of Hazzard—her now-signature cut-off denim shorts—reportedly because she disliked her original costume, a poodle skirt and frilly blouse.
- While on the series The Dukes of Hazzard, her legs were insured for $1 million.
- Became a spokesperson for the World Wildlife Fund and testified before Congress on behalf of the Rhinoceros and Tiger Conservation Act of 1994.
- Along with husband Peter Lopez, founded the organization C.O.A.C.H. for Kids in 1998; it offers free medical services, via mobile clinics, to children and their families residing in low-income areas of Los Angeles County.
- Peter Lopez — Husband (deceased)
- Phillip Bachman — Brother
- Robert Shields — Ex-fiancé
- Bernard Bachman — Father
- Norma Kucera — Mother
- Michael Lopez — Stepson
- Sophia Isabella Lopez — Daughter
- David Shaw — Ex-husband
- Laura Esmeralda Lopez — Daughter
- Tony Verdugo — Uncle
- Attended University of California, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Birth Name: Catherine Bachman
- Birth Place: Warren, Ohio, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Who once caused a "clean up on Aisle 6" at the grocery store?