- Began appearing in her mother's Las Vegas act at the age of 12.
- Made her film debut in Shampoo (1975).
- Has penned several bestsellers, including Postcards From the Edge and Surrender the Pink. She won the Los Angeles Pen Award for Best First Novel for Postcards.
- Has spoken publicly about her battles with drug addiction and bipolar disorder; also revealed that she has undergone electroshock therapy.
- Has addressed state legislators about mental-health issues.
- Wrote and performed a one-woman play, Wishful Drinking, beginning in L.A. in 2006; it eventually opened on Broadway. A book of the same name followed in 2008.
- 2008, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1990, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Adapted Screenplay: Nominee
- 2011, Emmy — Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special: Nominee
- Joely Fisher — Half Sister
- Tricia Leigh Fisher — Half Sister
- Dan Aykroyd — Ex-fiancé
- Eddie Fisher — Father
- Paul Simon — Ex-husband
- Debbie Reynolds — Mother
- Billie Lourd — Daughter
- Bryan Lourd — Ex-significant Other
- Todd Fisher — Brother
- Attended Central School of Speech and Drama, London, England
Season 9, Episode 6
- Birth Name: Carrie Frances Fisher
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Birthday: October 21, 1956, Libra
- Profession: Actor, Screenwriter, Novelist, TV host
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: