Carrie Fisher Celebrity Watchlist
- Began appearing in her mother's Las Vegas act at the age of 12.
- Made her film debut in Shampoo (1975).
- Has penned several bestsellers, including Postcards From the Edge and Surrender the Pink. She won the Los Angeles Pen Award for Best First Novel for Postcards.
- Has spoken publicly about her battles with drug addiction and bipolar disorder; also revealed that she has undergone electroshock therapy.
- Has addressed state legislators about mental-health issues.
- Wrote and performed a one-woman play, Wishful Drinking, beginning in L.A. in 2006; it eventually opened on Broadway. A book of the same name followed in 2008.
- 1990, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Adapted Screenplay: Nominee
- 2011, Emmy — Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special: Nominee
- 2008, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Dan Aykroyd — Ex-fiancé
- Eddie Fisher — Father
- Paul Simon — Ex-husband
- Bryan Lourd — Ex-significant Other
- Joely Fisher — Half Sister
- Tricia Leigh Fisher — Half Sister
- Debbie Reynolds — Mother
- Billie Lourd — Daughter
- Todd Fisher — Brother
- Attended Central School of Speech and Drama, London, England
Next On TVSee all »
Trending TonightSee all »
By Fisher Klingenstein FilmsBuy New: $6.99
By A&E Home VideoBuy New: $24.98
By Charlie Rose, Inc.Buy New: $24.95
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative