Carole Lombard Celebrity Watchlist
- Discovered at age 12 by silent-film director Allen Dwan while playing baseball with neighborhood children.
- Had a facial scar from a 1925 car accident.
- Remained good friends with ex-husband William Powell after their divorce; they starred together in 1936's My Man Godfrey.
- Nicknamed "the Profane Angel" because of her penchant for swearing.
- Sold war bonds during World War II, and died in a plane crash (along with her mother) in 1942 on her way home from a campaign; President Roosevelt publicly eulogized her and posthumously awarded her the Medal of Freedom.
- Her last film, To Be or Not to Be, was released after her death.
- 1936, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- Stuart Peters — Brother
- William Powell — Ex-husband
- Frederic Peters — Father
- Elizabeth 'Bessie' Peters — Mother
- Frederic Peters Jr. — Brother
- Clark Gable — Husband
- Russ Columbo — Ex-significant Other
- Robert Riskin — Ex-significant Other
Trending TonightSee all »
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing PlatformBuy New: $4.99
By Paladin CommunicationsBuy New: $20.21
By Synergy EntBuy New: $14.98
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Dance Moms: Mackenzie's Time to Shine
- 5. Empire: Pilot
- 6. Married at First Sight: The Weddings
- 7. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia