Carole Lombard Celebrity
- Discovered at age 12 by silent-film director Allen Dwan while playing baseball with neighborhood children.
- Had a facial scar from a 1925 car accident.
- Remained good friends with ex-husband William Powell after their divorce; they starred together in 1936's My Man Godfrey.
- Nicknamed "the Profane Angel" because of her penchant for swearing.
- Sold war bonds during World War II, and died in a plane crash (along with her mother) in 1942 on her way home from a campaign; President Roosevelt publicly eulogized her and posthumously awarded her the Medal of Freedom.
- Her last film, To Be or Not to Be, was released after her death.
- 1936, Oscar — Best Actress: Nominee
- Stuart Peters — Brother
- William Powell — Ex-husband
- Elizabeth 'Bessie' Peters — Mother
- Robert Riskin — Ex-significant Other
- Frederic Peters Jr. — Brother
- Clark Gable — Husband
- Frederic Peters — Father
- Russ Columbo — Ex-significant Other
Trending TonightSee all »
Carole Lombard - The Glamour Collection (Hands Across the Table/ Love Before Breakfast/ Man of the World/ The Princess Comes Across/ True Confession/...
By Universal StudiosUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $10.99 (as of 6:02 AM UTC - more info)
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing PlatformUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $3.67 (as of 6:02 AM UTC - more info)
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing PlatformUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $7.95 (as of 6:02 AM UTC - more info)