- First introduced to music by his father, who was a professional mariachi violinist.
- Renowned music career took off after his performance at Woodstock in 1969.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.
- Established the nonprofit Milagro Foundation in 1998, which supports disadvantaged youth in the areas of arts, education and health.
- Revived his career and swept the 1999 Grammys with his album Supernatural, which featured duets with a number of contemporary artists, including Eric Clapton, Rob Thomas, Lauren Hill, Dave Matthews and Wyclef Jean.
- Launched a women's shoe line, Carlos by Carlos Santana, in 2000.
- Ranked No. 15 on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time in 2003.
- 1999, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 2002, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 1999, Grammy — Album of the Year: Winner
- 1999, Grammy — Record of the Year: Winner
- 1988, Grammy — Best Rock Instrumental Performance: Winner
- 1999, Grammy — Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: Winner
- 1999, Grammy — Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: Winner
- 1999, Grammy — Best Pop Instrumental Performance: Winner
- 1999, Grammy — Best Rock Album: Winner
- Jose Santana — Father
- Stella Santana — Daughter
- Josefina Barragan de Santana — Mother
- Cindy Blackman — Wife
- Salvador Santana — Son
- Angelica Santana — Daughter
- Deborah Santana — Ex-wife
- Jorge Santana — Brother
- Antonio Santana — Brother
- Birth Name: Carlos Augusto Alves Santana
- Birth Place: Autlán de Navarro, Jalisco, Mexico
- Profession: Musician
Trending TonightSee all »
New year calls for a clean slate