- Painfully shy as a child, she was enrolled in an acting camp by her mother at age 11, and quickly became hooked.
- At 5-foot-11, she worked as a model in Europe, where she discovered her passion for cooking.
- Classically trained at the L'Academie de Cuisine in Gaithersburg, Md., which she attended while running her own lunchtime catering business.
- A fan favorite during Season 5 of Top Chef, she spawned a memorable catchphrase with her "hootie-hoo" call.
- Released her first cookbook, Cooking With Love: Comfort Foods That Hug You, in November 2012.
- Owns Carla Hall Petite Cookies, an artisan cookie company based in Silver Spring, Md.
- Matthew D. Lyons — Husband
- Noah Lyons — Stepson
- Howard University, Washington, D.C., United States (BBA in Accounting, 1986)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Carla Patrice Hall
- Birth Place: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Birthday: May 12, 1964, Taurus
- Profession: Celebrity chef, Former model, TV personality
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind