Carice van Houten Celebrity Watchlist
- Was named for the daughter of English composer Edward Elgar: Carice is a contraction of the name of Elgar's wife, Caroline Alice.
- Is fluent in several languages, including Dutch, German and English, the latter of which she learned by listening to her father's Beatles albums as a child.
- For her breakthrough performance in Black Book (2006), was named one of New York magazine's "Women of the Year" in 2008, along with Julie Christie, Laura Linney and Tilda Swinton.
- Won her fifth Golden Calf Award in 2011 for her role as South African poet Ingrid Jonker in Black Butterflies (2011). The Golden Calf Awards are presented at the Netherlands Film Festival, an annual celebration of Dutch cinema.
- Cast with sister, Jelka, to play twin sisters in Jackie (2012); Holly Hunter costars as the girls' mother.
- 2013, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2011, Tribeca Film Festival — Best Actress in a Narrative Feature Film: Winner
- Theodore van Houten — Father
- Jelka van Houten — Sister
- Sebastian Koch — Ex-significant Other
- Kees van Nieuwkerk — Significant Other
- Margje Stasse — Mother
Next On TVSee all »
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative