- Despite being born to acting royalty (his parents are George C. Scott and Colleen Dewhurst), intended to be a teacher when he went to college, where he majored in history.
- Costarred with his mother on Broadway in Long Day's Journey Into Night and Ah! Wilderness.
- Nominated twice for an Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead in Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle (1995) and Rodger Dodger (2003). Also nominated in the Best First Feature category along with high-school friend Stanley Tucci for their codirectorial effort Big Night (1997).
- Met wife, Kathleen McElfresh, in 2007 when they were appearing in different plays (Scott in The Atheist; McElfresh in Brendan) by the same playwright, Ronan Noone, at the Huntington Theatre in Boston.
- 2005, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1995, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Male Lead: Nominee
- 2003, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Male Lead: Nominee
- 1997, Independent Spirit Awards — Best First Feature: Nominee
- Colleen Dewhurst — Mother
- Malcolm Scott — Son
- Patricia Clarkson — Ex-significant Other
- Victoria Scott — Half Sister
- Alexander Scott — Brother
- Kathleen McElfresh — Wife
- Devon Scott — Half Sister
- Anne Scott — Ex-wife
- George C. Scott — Father
- Matthew Scott — Half Brother
- Lawrence University, Appleton, Wisconsin, United States (1983)
- Birth Name: Campbell Whalen Scott
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Profession: Actor, Director, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
The cast weighs in