Boasting stunning looks and an adorably goofy persona, Cameron Diaz began her career as a globe-trotting teen model before bursting onto the movie scene as a torch-singing sexpot opposite Jim Carrey in 1994's The Mask. The loopy comedy was Diaz's first acting job and it made her an instant star. Over the next few years, Diaz honed her acting chops in low-budget indie flicks (She's the One; Feeling Minnesota) and then was cast in the Julia Roberts blockbuster My Best Friend's Wedding, and she all but stole the film away from America's then-reigning movie sweetheart. In 1998, Diaz graduated to leading lady in the outrageous romantic comedy There's Something About Mary, which not only won her a legion of new fans but netted her a best actress award from the prestigious New York Film Critics Circle. Subsequently, Diaz took on a number of serious roles, including a homely (now that's acting!) wife in Being John Malkovich and a 19th-century pickpocket in Martin Scorsese's Gangs of New York, but she never fully abandoned her silly side. Charlie's Angels, released in 2000, was critically panned but put to good use her striking appearance and comic sensibilities, and further elevated her star status. Younger viewers fell for the California beauty---who has been romantically involved with such celebrity hunks as Matt Dillon and Justin Timberlake---in a different way when she voiced Princess Fiona in the beloved animated fairy tale Shrek and its sequels. In 2009, Diaz reunited with Tom Cruise for the romantic thriller Knight and Day, their first screen pairing since the 2001 mind-bender Vanilla Sky. It was slated for 2010 release.
- Of Cuban and Native American descent.
- Started working as a model at 16.
- Named 1996 Female Star of Tomorrow by the National Theatre Owners Association for her movie debut in The Mask.
- Named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People magazine in 1998.
- Was paid $20 million for the 2003 film Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.
- Nose has been broken four times.
- Won a civil suit in 2006 against a photographer who tried to get $3.5 million from her for racy photos he took of her when she was 19. He also received a sentence of close to three years on charges including forgery and attempted grand larceny related to the incident.
- Forbes magazine in 2008 named her Hollywood's highest-paid actress.
- Has been active in raising awareness of veterans' issues related to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- 2007, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Leading Lady: Winner
- 2000, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2003, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2002, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- 2000, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2002, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1999, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1999, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1999, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- Benji Madden — Husband
- Paul Sculfor — Ex-significant Other
- Matt Dillon — Ex-significant Other
- Billie Diaz — Mother
- Emilio Diaz — Father
- Chimene Diaz — Sister
- Justin Timberlake — Ex-significant Other
- Jared Leto — Ex-fiancé
- Alex Rodriguez — Ex-significant Other
- Birth Name: Cameron Michelle Diaz
- Birth Place: San Diego, California, United States
- Profession: Actor, Model
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead