A sultry stage player with a blue-collar vibe, Thorne honed her acting skills on New York's theater scene, working with a number of prestigious off-Broadway companies including the Public Theater, the Atlantic Theatre Company, Naked Angels and Manhattan Theater Club. With only a few screen credits under her belt, Thorne began a two-season stint as a detective on Homicide: Life on the Street and stayed with the gritty drama until its 1999 demise. Frequently cast as civil servants---or their significant others---she had recurring roles on The Wire as a detective's ex and Prison Break as an FBI agent's wife. But her scary signature part came as an alcoholic fireman’s psycho girlfriend (not to mention his cousin-in-law) on Rescue Me.
- Turned to drama when she didn't make the varsity soccer team in high school.
- Her mother, Karen Thorne, is a celebrity astrologer.
- Studied at the prestigious Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in New York.
- 2012, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- Karen Thorne — Mother
- Wheaton College, Norton, MA; The Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute, New York, NY
- Birth Name: Calliope Silver Thorne
- Birth Place: Lincoln, MA
- Birthday: November 20, 1969, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
It doesn't depend on a boyfriend