A sultry stage player with a blue-collar vibe, Thorne honed her acting skills on New York's theater scene, working with a number of prestigious off-Broadway companies including the Public Theater, the Atlantic Theatre Company, Naked Angels and Manhattan Theater Club. With only a few screen credits under her belt, Thorne began a two-season stint as a detective on Homicide: Life on the Street
and stayed with the gritty drama until its 1999 demise. Frequently cast as civil servants---or their significant others---she had recurring roles on The Wire
as a detective's ex and Prison Break
as an FBI agent's wife. But her scary signature part came as an alcoholic fireman’s psycho girlfriend (not to mention his cousin-in-law) on Rescue Me
.Callie Thorne Fast Facts:
- Turned to drama when she didn't make the varsity soccer team in high school.
- Her mother, Karen Thorne, is a celebrity astrologer.
- Studied at the prestigious Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in New York.
- Callie Thorne Relationships:
- Karen Thorne - Mother
- Callie Thorne Awards:
- 2012 Golden Globe: Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama - Nominee
- Wheaton College, Norton, MA; The Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute, New York, NY