- Hoped to play college football at the University of Texas, but while coach Darrell Royal was willing to offer him a scholarship, he couldn't guarantee he would ever get to play. Texas did not integrate its football program until 1970.
- Was the first overall pick in the 1967 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Colts.
- Spent nine seasons in the NFL playing for the Baltimore Colts, Oakland Raiders and Houston Oilers.
- Gained recognition after his playing career as a pitchman for Miller Lite beer.
- Inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1988.
- Willie Ray Smith Jr. — Brother
- Willie Ray Smith Sr. — Father
- Georgia Smith — Mother
- Tody Smith — Brother
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI (BS in Sociology, 1967)
- Birth Name: Charles Aaron Smith
- Birth Place: Orange, TX
- Birthday: February 28, 1945, Pisces
- Died: August 3, 2011
- Profession: Actor, Football Player
Trending TonightSee all »
We challenged Chris Geere, Aya Cash, Kether Donohue and Desmin Borges to draw 45-second portraits of each other and the results were... interesting