- Was born on an American military base in West Germany in 1955 and lived there for two years before his family moved to New Jersey.
- Suffered from a stutter when he was younger, but he soon realized that it went away whenever he was in front of a large crowd of people, which led him to try acting.
- Some of his jobs before acting: security guard at a nuclear-power plant, waiter and bartender in New York City, where he was discovered.
- Began his entertainment career as a harmonica player in the band Loose Goose. Still involved in music, he occasionally tours with his band Bruce Willis & the Accelerators and founded the blues label Uptop Music in hopes of signing unknown talent.
- Beat out more than 3000 actors for his breakthrough role in the series Moonlighting.
- Scored a Top 10 hit with "Respect Yourself" off his debut album The Return of Bruno---Bruno is his nickname---in 1987. Released a follow-up album in 1989 titled If It Don't Kill You, It Just Makes You Stronger.
- 2013, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Male: Nominee
- 1986, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Male Performer in a New TV Program: Winner
- 1986, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1987, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Winner
- 2006, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 1987, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Winner
- 2000, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 1988, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 2000, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Motion Picture Star in a Drama: Winner
- 1990, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1986, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Mabel Ray Willis — Daughter
- Evelyn Penn Willis — Daughter
- David Willis — Father
- Tallulah Belle Willis — Daughter
- Demi Moore — Ex-wife
- Robert Willis — Brother
- David Willis Jr. — Brother
- Florence Willis — Sister
- Brooke Burns — Ex-fiancée
- Scout LaRue Willis — Daughter
- Emma Heming — Wife
- Marlene Willis — Mother
- Rumer Willis — Daughter
- Attended Montclair State College, Montclair, New Jersey, United States
- Birth Name: Walter Bruce Willis
- Birth Place: Idar-Oberstein, West Germany
- Profession: Actor, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
New year calls for a clean slate