- As a child, did modeling for the Charming Chub division of Lane Bryant.
- Has written for more than 20 Academy Awards telecasts.
- Penned Bette Midler's "You Made Me Watch You" takeoff on "You Made Me Love You," which she sang as a send-off to Johnny Carson on May 21, 1992.
- Wrote comedy material for Midler's 1974 Broadway show, Clams on the Half Shell, 1980's Divine Madness, 1997's Bette Midler: Diva Las Vegas and 2008's The Showgirl Must Go On.
- Is the subject of the 1999 documentary Get Bruce!
- In 2000, starred in the one-man off-Broadway show Bruce Vilanch: Almost Famous.
- A collection of his writings, Bruce!: My Adventures in the Skin Trade and Other Essays, was released in 2000.
- In the early 1980s, played Edna Turnblad in a national touring company of Hairspray, and made it to Broadway in 2005.
- Is involved with a number of AIDS-related charities.
- Has a collection of more than 1000 T-shirts.
- 1992, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Achievement in Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Winner
- 1978, Emmy — Outstanding Writing for a Comedy-Variety or Music Special: Nominee
- 1991, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Winner
- 2010, Emmy — Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Special: Nominee
- 2000, Emmy — Outstanding Music and Lyrics: Nominee
- 2009, Emmy — Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Special: Nominee
- 1977, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Comedy-Variety or Music Special: Nominee
- Henne Vilanch — Mother
- Jonas Vilanch — Father
- Attended Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Profession: Comedian, Writer, Actor, Reality cast member
Trending TonightSee all »
The CW's Riverdale gang is a lot like these Dawson's Creek characters