- Is descended from English and French royalty.
- Began her modeling career at 11 months old, when she appeared in an Ivory soap ad photographed by Francesco Scavullo.
- First major film role was in Louis Malle's 1978 drama Pretty Baby, in which she played a child growing up in a brothel.
- At 14, was the youngest model to appear on the cover of Vogue.
- At 15, starred in a controversial Calvin Klein jeans commercial in which she said, "You want to know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing."
- Put her career on hold from 1983 to '87 to attend Princeton University.
- A popular guest spot on Friends led to NBC creating the sitcom Suddenly Susan for her in 1996.
- Starred in several Broadway revivals throughout the 2000s, including Grease, Cabaret and Chicago.
- Was famously criticized by Tom Cruise over taking medication for postpartum depression; he later apologized, and she attended his 2006 wedding to Katie Holmes.
- Appeared in the recurring role of Miley's late mom on the Disney Channel's Hannah Montana.
- Is the author of several books, including the memoirs The Brooke Book (1983) and Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression (2005) and the children's book It's the Best Day Ever, Dad! (2009).
- In 2011, took over the part of Morticia Addams in the Broadway musical version of The Addams Family.
- 1997, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1998, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1981, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Young Motion Picture Performer: Winner
- 1983, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Young Motion Picture Performer: Winner
- 1984, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Young Motion Picture Performer: Winner
- 1997, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Female Performer in a New TV Series: Winner
- Cristiana Shields — Half Sister
- Marina Shields Purcell — Half Sister
- Andre Agassi — Ex-husband
- Dean Cain — Ex-significant Other
- Teri Shields — Mother
- Chris Henchy — Husband
- Frank Shields — Father
- Diana "Didi" Shields — Stepmother
- Olympia Shields — Half Sister
- Diana Achincloss Cunningham — Stepsister
- Grier Hammond Henchy — Daughter
- Rowan Francis Henchy — Daughter
- Thomas Gore Auchincloss Jr. — Stepbrother
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ (AB in French, 1987)
Season 6, Episode 15
- Birth Name: Brooke Christa Shields
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Birthday: May 31, 1965, Gemini
- Profession: Actor, Model, Author