Athletic yet accident-prone, this Dallas-born beauty initially aspired to be a ballerina before a skiing mishap sidelined her dream. Burns turned to modeling and acting, and she began landing TV roles while still a teen. Her scantily clad turns on the beach-based series Baywatch
and North Shore
gave her plenty of exposure, as did her short-lived marriage to Julian McMahon and her high-profile romance with Bruce Willis. In November 2005 Burns' career (not to mention her life) almost came to an end after she broke her neck while diving into her pool. But five months later she was back on the small screen on the sitcom Pepper Dennis
.Brooke Burns Fast Facts:
- Her dream of becoming a ballet dancer ended when she had a skiing accident at the age of 14.
- Once modeled in ads for Mug Root Beer and Carrows Restaurants.
- Developed swimming, boating and fishing skills (which served her well on Baywatch) under the tutelage of her father, a former national-champion swimmer at Southern Methodist University.
- Jumped onto a moving double-decker bus on a celebrity episode of Fear Factor, which helped her land her Dog Eat Dog hosting gig.
- Mentored for PennyLane, a home for abused children.
- Brooke Burns Relationships:
- Gavin O'Connor - Fiancé
- Betsy Burns - Mother
- Julian McMahon - Ex-husband
- Brad Burns - Father
- Bruce Willis - Ex-fiancé
- Madison Elizabeth McMahon - Daughter