Broderick Crawford Celebrity Watchlist
- After dropping out of Harvard, worked as a stevedore on the New York City docks and later went to sea on a tanker.
- Worked in radio as a second banana to the Marx Brothers.
- Was a success as Lenny in the 1937 Broadway adaptation of John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, but lost the film role to Lon Chaney Jr.
- During World War II, served in the U.S. Army Air Force and saw action in the Battle of the Bulge.
- Was one of the first big-screen stars to have success on television when he took the lead in Highway Patrol in 1955.
- Collected shaving mugs.
- Hosted an episode of Saturday Night Live in 1977.
- Has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, one for movies and one for TV.
- 1949, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Winner
- 1950, Golden Globe — Actor in a Leading Role: Winner
- Helen Broderick — Mother
- William Broderick — Grandfather
- Lester Crawford — Father
- Mary Alice Moore — Wife
- Joan Tabor — Ex-wife
- Kelly G. Crawford — Son
- Emma Kraus — Grandmother
- Kay Griffith — Ex-wife
- Kim Crawford — Son
- Attended Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage