- Goes by his middle name, Stokes, to family and friends.
- His father was an engineer with the Navy and the family spent time in the Philippines and Guam before settling in San Diego.
- Went to high school with Annette Bening.
- Worked with San Diego's Old Globe Theatre, the Junior Theater and the Civic Light Opera.
- Met his wife, Allyson Tucker, when they were both cast in the 1990 Broadway production of Oh, Kay!
- Took a seven year break from Broadway after his son was born in 2003.
- Released his self-titled debut album in 2006.
- Before being cast as one of her dads on Glee, worked with Lea Michele when she was 8 in a Toronto production of Ragtime and again in the 2008 Hollywood Bowl production of Les Miserables.
- 2001, Tony — Actor (Play): Nominee
- 2000, Tony — Actor (Musical): Winner
- 2003, Tony — Actor (Musical): Nominee
- 1998, Tony — Actor (Musical): Nominee
- 2016, Tony — Isabelle Stevenson Award: Winner
- George Mitchell — Father
- Lillian Mitchell — Mother
- Allyson Tucker — Wife
- Ellington Tucker Kai Mitchell — Son
- George Mitchell — Brother
- Birth Place: Seattle, WA
- Profession: Actor, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
It needs some work