- Is one of nine children.
- Worked as a caddy for eight years, which helped inspire him to write the screenplay for Caddyshack.
- Has performed on stage with the Organic Theatre of Chicago and the Boston Shakespeare Company.
- Recommended his brother Bill to join Saturday Night Live.
- Co-owns and runs a country club and restaurant in Florida called the Murray Bros. Caddy Shack.
- 1979, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Comedy or Comedy-Variety or Music Series: Nominee
- 1978, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Comedy-Variety or Music Series: Nominee
- 1980, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- Lucille Murray — Mother
- William Murray — Brother
- Joel Murray — Brother
- Ed Murray — Brother
- John Murray — Brother
- Bill Murray — Brother
- Laura Murray — Sister
- Peggy Murray — Sister
- Nancy Murray — Sister
- Christina Stauffer — Wife
- Edward J. Murray — Father
- Andy Murray — Brother
- Attended St. Mary's College of California, Moraga, CA
Season 1, Episode 6
- Birth Name: Brian Doyle-Murray
- Birth Place: Chicago, IL
- Birthday: October 31, 1945, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor, Writer, Comedian