Brian Austin Green Celebrity Watchlist
While some of his Beverly Hills, 90210 cohorts were reduced to pop-culture punch lines, this boyish actor pushed ahead with an eclectic career after the demise of the popular prime-time teen soap. After getting his start with a three-year stint on Knots La… (more)
Birth Name: Brian Green
Birth Place: Van Nuys, California, United States
Birthday: July 15, 1973, Cancer
Profession: Actor, Musician
While some of his Beverly Hills, 90210 cohorts were reduced to pop-culture punch lines, this boyish actor pushed ahead with an eclectic career after the demise of the popular prime-time teen soap. After getting his start with a three-year stint on Knots Landing, Green moved to Beverly Hills in 1990. During his 10-year tenure on the show, he appeared in a handful of TV-movies and dated a few of his costars (Tiffani Thiessen and Vanessa Marcil, who is the mother of his son). During the lean years, he made occasional guest spots and directed an independent film. Green's luck changed in 2005 with a tongue-in-cheek cameo as himself in the feature Domino and a gig as Freddie Prinze Jr.'s sex-obsessed sidekick on the sitcom Freddie, although the show only lasted one season. He subsequently had more luck playing Derek Reese on the 2008-09 scf-fi series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and stuck with sci-fi, in 2009, with the role of Metallo on the Smallville series. Back in real life, his on-off six-year relationship with actress Megan Fox kept him in the tabloids until the couple finally wed in 2010.
- Father was a professional drummer who did studio work for Frank Sinatra and toured with Glen Campbell.
- Parents added Austin to his name when he was 9 because there was another Brian Green in the Screen Actors Guild.
- Got his big break playing Donna Mills' son on Knots Landing from 1986 to 1989.
- His character on Beverly Hills, 90210, David Silver, made his way among the cooler kids on the show through his involvement in music. Following Silver's (and his real-life father's) footsteps, Green turned to music in his own life.
- Released a critically panned rap album, One Stop Carnival, in 1996.
- Began a music-production company called Shen Productions.
- Also known for his role as Derek Reese on the 2008-09 TV sci-fi drama, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, as well as his work on Smallville, playing Metallo, a role he took on in 2009.
- Bodhi Ransom Green — Son
- Joyce Green — Mother
- Tiffani Thiessen — Ex-significant Other
- Kassius Lijah Marcil-Green — Son
- George Green — Father
- Lorali Kovach — Sister
- Keith Green — Brother
- Megan Fox — Wife
- Vanessa Marcil — Ex-fiancée
- Noah Shannon Green — Son
Next On TVSee all »
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage