- As a child, started out as a professional tap dancer, performing on TV shows such as The Colgate Comedy Hour.
- At age 12, began acting with a small role in Alfred Hitchcock's made-for-TV movie The Wrong Man.
- In 1968, launched a rich stage career with an appearance in an off-Broadway production of the musical Your Own Thing.
- Her 1970 Broadway debut in the musical Applause earned her numerous accolades, including the Theatre World Award, the Outer Critics Circle Award and a Tony Award nomination.
- Best known for her role as divorced mom Ann Romano in the classic sitcom One Day at a Time (1975-84).
- Released several fitness videos including I Hate to Exercise, but I Love to Tap and Bonnie Franklin: Let's Tap.
- 1983, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1982, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1982, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1970, Tony — Actress, Supporting or Featured (Musical): Nominee
- Claire Franklin — Mother
- Benjamin Franklin — Brother
- Marvin Minoff — Husband (deceased)
- Ron Sossi — Ex-husband
- Samuel Franklin — Father
- Judy — Sister
- Attended Smith College, North Hampton, MA; University of California, Los Angeles, CA (BA in English)
- Birth Name: Bonnie Gail Franklin
- Birth Place: Santa Monica, CA
- Died: March 1, 2013
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Dancer
Trending TonightSee all »
The CW's Riverdale gang is a lot like these Dawson's Creek characters