- After dropping out of high school, had a brief career as a boxer, fighting under the name Packy East.
- Never won an acting Oscar, but received five honorary Oscars and hosted or co-hosted the Academy Awards 18 times.
- Received more than 50 honorary doctorates.
- Cited in the Guinness Book of World Records as "the most honored entertainer in history," having earned more than 2,000 awards during his lifetime.
- Didn't serve in the military but, in 1997, became the first American civilian to be named by Congress as an "honorary veteran of the United States Armed Forces."
- Co-authored 10 books.
- To commemorate his 100th birthday, the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in Los Angeles was named Bob Hope Square.
- Has four stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, honoring his contributions to film, radio, TV and live entertainment.
- 1968, Emmy — Outstanding Musical or Variety Program: Nominee
- 1965, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Life Achievement Award: Winner
- 1957, Peabody — Personal Award: Winner
- 1965, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Achievements in Entertainment: Nominee
- 1958, Golden Globe — Special Achievement: Winner
- 1966, Emmy — Outstanding Variety Special: Winner
- 1967, Emmy — Outstanding Variety Special: Nominee
- 1943, Peabody — Personal Award: Winner
- 1944, Oscar — Special Award: Winner
- 1967, Peabody — Personal Award: Winner
- 1976, People's Choice Awards — Favorite All-Around Male Entertainer: Winner
- 1977, People's Choice Awards — Favorite All-Around Male Entertainer: Winner
- 1952, Oscar — Honorary Award: Winner
- 1959, Oscar — Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award: Winner
- 1985, People's Choice Awards — All-Time Favorite Entertainer: Winner
- 1982, People's Choice Awards — Favorite TV Special: Winner
- 1978, People's Choice Awards — Favorite All-Around Male Entertainer: Winner
- 1961, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1965, Oscar — Honorary Award: Winner
- 1963, Golden Globe — Cecil B. DeMille Award: Winner
- 1962, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1940, Oscar — Special Award: Winner
- 1975, People's Choice Awards — Favorite All-Around Male Entertainer: Winner
- Dolores Hope — Wife
- Avis Hope — Mother
- Jim Hope — Brother
- Anthony Hope — Son
- Kelly Hope — Daughter
- Linda Hope — Daughter
- William Henry Hope — Father
- Nora Hope — Daughter
Trending TonightSee all »
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing PlatformBuy New: $6.99
The Bob Hope Collection: Vol. 2 (The Great Lover / Paris Holiday / The Private Navy of Sgt. O'Farrell / How to Commit Marriage / Son of Paleface /...
By Shout! FactoryBuy New: $24.88
- Buy New: $4.99
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative