- Before breaking into acting, worked as a cashier in a grocery store across from Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park, as a mailman for the U.S. Postal Service and as a high-school gym teacher.
- Originally aspired to become an attorney.
- Breakout role came in 1959, when he joined the cast of The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis as Maynard G. Krebs.
- Drafted in 1959, just after he started work on Dobie Gillis; the Army didn't accept him due to a neck injury sustained in a car accident years earlier.
- Landed iconic role of Gilligan on Gilligan's Island in 1964, playing "little buddy" to Alan Hale Jr.'s Skipper.
- Replaced Woody Allen in the lead role in his 1970 Broadway play, Play It Again, Sam.
- Penned a memoir in 1993, Gilligan, Maynard & Me.
- Along with wife Dreama, hosted a radio show called Weekend With Denver and Denver.
- Jean Webber — Ex-wife
- Patrick Denver — Son
- Megan Denver — Daughter
- Maggie Ryan — Ex-wife
- Colin Denver — Son
- Emily Denver — Daughter
- Carole Abrahams — Ex-wife
- Dreama Peery Denver — Wife
- Loyola University, Los Angeles, CA (1957)
- Birth Name: Robert Osbourne Denver
- Birth Place: New Rochelle, NY
- Died: September 2, 2005
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead