- Former child actor known primarily as Patricia Neal's son in The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) and teen James "Bud" Anderson in the landmark TV sitcom Father Knows Best (1954-60).
- Was a competitive Class A Speedway motorcycle racer from 1970 to '95.
- Co-owner of a company called BigRock Engineering that makes, among other products, guitar accessories and back massagers.
- In 1998, settled a libel lawsuit against film critic Leonard Maltin, whose Movie & Video Guide from 1974 to '97 included a review of the 1971 docudrama Dusty and Sweets McGee that described Gray as an actual drug user rather than an actor in a fictional role; the review was eventually corrected, and Maltin issued a public apology.
- Bought the Topanga, CA, house in which he rented a basement apartment in 1957 while working on Father Knows Best.
- 1959, Emmy — Best Supporting Actor (Continuing Character) in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Beatrice Gray — Mother
Trending TonightSee all »
By PBS (DIRECT)Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.99 (as of 1:04 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $2.99 (as of 1:04 AM UTC - more info)
By Beachbody Inc.,Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $139.80 (as of 1:04 AM UTC - more info)