- Is the youngest of six children.
- As a child, performed with his jazz drummer father, Andy, at Shriners' Hospitals and convalescent homes around northern California.
- Met future Green Day bassist Mike Dirnt in fifth grade and began playing music with him soon after; first song the pair learned was Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train."
- Dropped out of high school his senior year to focus on music full time.
- Made his studio debut with Green Day on 39/Smooth, released in 1990 by Lookout Records.
- Commercial breakthrough came with Green Day's Dookie (1994), which sold more than 10 million copies in the U.S. alone due to hits like "Longview" and "When I Come Around."
- Helped design the Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Jr., a Gibson guitar named after him.
- 1994, Grammy — Best Alternative Music Performance: Winner
- 2009, Grammy — Best Rock Album: Winner
- 2004, Grammy — Best Rock Album: Winner
- 2005, Grammy — Record of the Year: Winner
- 2010, Grammy — Best Musical Show Album: Winner
- Andy Armstrong — Father
- Holly — Sister
- Marci — Sister
- Anna Armstrong Humann — Sister
- David Armstrong — Brother
- Allen Armstrong — Brother
- Adrienne Armstrong — Wife
- Joseph Marcicano Armstrong — Son
- Jakob Danger Armstrong — Son
- Ollie Armstrong — Mother
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: California
- Birthday: February 17, 1972, Aquarius
- Profession: Rock singer, Guitarist
Trending TonightSee all »
Get to know the BAU's new agent