- Is one of seven children.
- Was interested in pursuing a career in construction before becoming an actor.
- Slipped into a three-day coma after a fall from a ladder in college, leaving him with a dulled sense of smell.
- Performed in various theater groups in Los Angeles and New York.
- Made feature debut in 1986's Ruthless People.
- Formed production company, Big Town, in the mid-1990s.
- Worked as a theater instructor at Montana State University; one of his students was aspiring director John Dahl, who later cast Pullman in his films The Last Seduction (1994) and You Kill Me (2007).
- Is on the Board of Trustees at New York's Alfred University, where he received an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts degree in 2011, when he was the keynote graduation speaker.
- Fond of joking about the fact that he is sometimes mistaken for another actor, Bill Paxton.
- Received a Saturn Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor in Television for his work on Torchwood: Miracle Day (2011).
- Jack Pullman — Son
- Maesa Pullman — Daughter
- Louis Pullman — Son
- Tamara Hurwitz — Wife
- State University of New York at Oneonta, Oneonta, NY (BA in Theater Arts, 1975); University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Amherst, MA (MFA in Theater, 1980)
- Birth Place: Hornell, NY
- Birthday: December 17, 1953, Sagittarius
- Profession: Actor, Director, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
And one of Judith Light's most embarrassing moments