- Is one of seven children.
- Was interested in pursuing a career in construction before becoming an actor.
- Slipped into a three-day coma after a fall from a ladder in college, leaving him with a dulled sense of smell.
- Performed in various theater groups in Los Angeles and New York.
- Made feature debut in 1986's Ruthless People.
- Formed production company, Big Town, in the mid-1990s.
- Worked as a theater instructor at Montana State University; one of his students was aspiring director John Dahl, who later cast Pullman in his films The Last Seduction (1994) and You Kill Me (2007).
- Is on the Board of Trustees at New York's Alfred University, where he received an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts degree in 2011, when he was the keynote graduation speaker.
- Fond of joking about the fact that he is sometimes mistaken for another actor, Bill Paxton.
- Received a Saturn Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor in Television for his work on Torchwood: Miracle Day (2011).
- Tamara Hurwitz — Wife
- Louis Pullman — Son
- Jack Pullman — Son
- Maesa Pullman — Daughter
- State University of New York at Oneonta, Oneonta, NY (BA in Theater Arts, 1975); University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Amherst, MA (MFA in Theater, 1980)
Trending TonightSee all »
Charlie Rose with Suzan-Lori Parks; Edward Albee, Mercedes Ruehl & Bill Pullman; Billy Crudup & Kate Burton (May 31, 2002)
By Charlie Rose, Inc.Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.95 (as of 4:52 AM UTC - more info)
By Charlie RoseUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.95 (as of 4:52 AM UTC - more info)