- Played QB for Marist College's football team; later played semipro baseball.
- After college (and before earning a master's degree in broadcast journalism), taught at a Catholic high school in south Florida.
- Was a columnist for the Boston Herald in the 1980s.
- Won local Emmy awards while working as a reporter for TV stations in Denver (for a skyjacking story) and New York City (for corruption among city marshals).
- Covered the fall of the Berlin Wall for Inside Edition.
- In addition to his books of political commentary and his syndicated newspaper column, wrote a children's book (The O'Reilly Factor for Kids: A Survival Guide for America's Families, published in 2004) and a 1998 novel (Those Who Trespass: A Novel of Television and Murder).
- Was ranked number four on Newsweek's "Power 50" list of the 50 highest-earning political figures of 2010.
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Television Movie: Nominee
- Angela 'Ann' O'Reilly — Mother
- William James O'Reilly Sr. — Father
- Maureen McPhilmy — Wife
- Spencer O'Reilly — Son
- Madeline O'Reilly — Daughter
- Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY (BA in History); Boston University, Boston, MA (MS in Broadcast Journalism); Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, MA (Master's in Public Policy)
Trending TonightSee all »
By St. Martin's GriffinUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $13.09 (as of 2:23 AM UTC - more info)
By Charlie Rose, Inc.Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.95 (as of 2:23 AM UTC - more info)
By ABC NewsUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $9.95 (as of 2:23 AM UTC - more info)