Betty Grable Celebrity Watchlist
- Began performing in chorus lines at 13 (under the legal age); she was fired when her true age was discovered.
- Signed by Samuel Goldwyn in 1931; appeared in industrial films and shorts under the alias Frances Dean.
- Her trademark was her famous legs, which MGM insured with Lloyd's of London for $1 million.
- Her 1943 bathing-suit photo was a favorite of soldiers during World War II.
- Retired from films after making 1955's How to Be Very, Very Popular; continued her career on stage, most famously in Hello, Dolly! on Broadway.
- Jackie Coogan — Ex-husband
- Harry James — Ex-husband
- Lillian Rose Hofmann Grable — Mother
- Jessica James — Daughter
- John Karl Grable — Brother
- John Conn Grable — Father
- Marjorie L. Grable — Sister
- Victoria James — Daughter
Trending TonightSee all »
By Welcome Rain PublishersBuy New: $16.95
By Paper Studio PressBuy New: $10.16
The Betty Grable Collection, Vol. 1 (My Blue Heaven / The Dolly Sisters / Moon Over Miami / Down Argentine Way)
By 20th Century FoxBuy New: $30.07
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Empire: Pilot
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York
- 7. Neighbors With Benefits: Welcome To The Neighborhood