- Adopted at six weeks old.
- Legal name is Amy Maria Young; there was another Amy Young registered in the Screen Actors Guild, so she adapted her first name to Bellamy.
- Was North Carolina's Junior Miss in 1987 (the national scholarship program changed its name to Distinguished Young Women in 2010).
- Made her Broadway debut in 1997 in the original production of The Life, a musical by Cy Coleman (music, book), Ira Gasman (lyrics, book) and David Newman (book) that was nominated for a Tony Award and won a Drama Desk Award for Outstanding New Musical.
- Other stage work includes a 1994 off-Broadway revival of Stephen Sondheim's musical Merrily We Roll Along; and Randy Newman's Faust at the La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego and the Goodman Theatre in Chicago in 1995.
- In addition to a starring role, has an associate-producer credit for the family drama Country Remedy (2007), aka Simple Things and Mountain Time, which was filmed in her native Asheville, NC.
- 2014, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Winner
- Jane Young — Mother
- Ed Weeks — Significant Other
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, United States (1991)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Asheville, North Carolina, United States
- Profession: Actor, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
The Bones series finale!