As an acid-tongued, couture-coveting, size-2 receptionist on the dramedy Ugly Betty, this vixen channeled her inner mean girl to hilarious effect and acted as the title character's workplace nemesis. A Connecticut native who moved to New York after college to pursue acting, Newton logged time in the downtown theater scene, starred in commercials and hosted the short-lived TBS celebrity-interview show Movie Junky before graduating to prime-time guest spots. (She met her husband, actor Chris Diamantopoulos, while guest starring on American Dreams.) Eventually, her breakthrough Ugly Betty role proved she was as comedic as she was comely. In her spare time, Newton enjoys running marathons.
- Studied abroad in Europe and South America after graduating high school.
- Once hosted a celebrity-interview show on TBS called Movie Junky while living in New York City.
- Met her future husband, Chris Diamantopoulos, while guest starring on two episodes of American Dreams in 2004.
- Appeared as a brunette waitress in a national Olive Garden commercial. The ad ran often during the first season of Ugly Betty, and Newton was almost unrecognizable compared to her TV character.
- Enjoys running marathons.
- Welcomed her first child, a son, with husband Chris Diamantopoulos in November 2010.
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Jennifer Newton — Mother
- Matt Newton — Brother
- Chris Diamantopoulos — Husband
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (BA in European History, 2000)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Guilford, CT
- Birthday: July 4, 1978, Cancer
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
And one of Judith Light's most embarrassing moments