- Danced with the Princeton Ballet Company as a junior ballerina before moving to New York.
- Majored in dance for two years at Juilliard before leaving to pursue a career on Broadway.
- Broadway debut was as a replacement in A Chorus Line, as Sheila.
- Left Cheers and the character of Dr. Lilith Sternin-Crane at her own request to pursue film roles and other commitments.
- Appeared in a series of M&M commercials in 1995.
- Ten years after originating the role of Velma Kelly in Chicago, she returned to the show in 2006 playing the other lead, Roxie Hart.
- Received an Actors Fund Medal of Honor in 2011 for her work with the group, which provides support to members of the entertainment industry.
- 1991, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 1986, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Musical): Winner
- 1997, Tony — Actress (Musical): Winner
- 1990, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 1999, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- 1995, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Lee Paul Neuwirth — Father
- Sydney Anne Neuwirth — Mother
- Chris Calkins — Husband
- Peter Neuwirth — Brother
- Michael Danek — Ex-fiancé
- Paul Dorman — Ex-husband
- Attended The Juilliard School, New York, NY
Season 4, Episode 22
- Birth Name: Beatice Neuwirth
- Birth Place: Newark, NJ
- Birthday: December 31, 1958, Capricorn
- Profession: Actor, Dancer, Singer