- Competitive water skier who, in 1997, represented the U.S. Junior Water Ski Team in the Pan-American Championships.
- Discovered by a manager during his senior year of high school, when he crashed a party at the Sundance Film Festival.
- Learned to play tennis for 2004's Wimbledon and basketball for 2006's Glory Road, and took up surfing for 2007's John From Cincinnati.
- After making guest appearances on Deadwood and Six Feet Under, was signed to a relatively uncommon talent-holding deal with HBO. The network made good on the contract by casting him as the lead in the short-lived John From Cincinnati.
- Golfs, rides horses and is an avid movie fan.
- David Nichols — Father
- Kay Nichols — Mother
- Sophia Bush — Ex-significant Other
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA (BA in English, 2002)
Season 4, Episode 15
- Birth Place: Ann Arbor, MI
- Birthday: April 24, 1980, Taurus
- Profession: Actor