- When studying at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 1977, he won the Bancroft Gold Medal for acting.
- Frequently performs with the Royal Shakespeare Company; played Bolingbroke in Richard II in 1990 and Petruchio in The Taming of the Shrew in 1992.
- Has been associated with reading novels by Charles Dickens for Naxos Audio Books since 2012, including Oliver Twist.
- Is a patron of the Lynx Animal Welfare Trust.
- 2016, BAFTA Television Awards — Best Supporting Actor: Nominee
- Lily Lesser — Daughter
- Madeleine Lesser — Wife
- Harry Lesser — Son
- University of Liverpool, Liverpool, England (Architecture, 1973); Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England (1977)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Anton Lesser
- Birth Place: Birmingham, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Carl might be on his way to the Big Pudding Can in the Sky