- Made film debut in The Actress in 1953.
- Debuted on Broadway in Tea and Sympathy opposite Joan Fontaine.
- In 1960 was cast as Norman Bates for Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, arguably the most memorable movie villain in history; he reprised the role in 1983, 1986 and 1990.
- Began run on Broadway in Neil Simon's Star-Spangled Girl.
- Garnered first screenwriter's credit after cowriting The Last of Sheila with Stephen Sondheim in 1973.
- Did a nude scene in the play Romantic Comedy in 1979.
- Succumbed to AIDS-related pneumonia on Sept. 12, 1992.
- 1958, Tony — Actor (Dramatic): Nominee
- 1956, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1957, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actor: Winner
- Oz Perkins — Son
- Elvis Perkins — Son
- Osgood Perkins — Father
- Berry Berenson — Wife (deceased)
- Janet Rane — Mother
- Attended Columbia University, New York, NY; attended Rollins College, Winter Haven, FL
Trending TonightSee all »
Goodbye Again (1961) Ingrid Bergman - Yves Montand - Anthony Perkins (Import - NTSC All Regions DVD)Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.99 (as of 5:42 AM UTC - more info)
By ABC NewsUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $14.95 (as of 5:42 AM UTC - more info)