- Before deciding to pursue acting, Mackie studied to become an oil-refinery engineer at a New Orleans trade school.
- While studying at Juilliard, Mackie and his classmates frequently went into the subway on weekends to perform short scenes, poems and songs.
- Shared an Obie Award for Best Ensemble Performance with the cast of Talk in 2002.
- Made his big-screen debut as one of Eminem's rap rivals in the 2002 hip-hop drama 8 Mile.
- Broadway debut came in 2003, when he starred opposite Whoopi Goldberg in a revival of Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
- Was nominated for Independent Spirit Awards for Best Debut Performance for Brother to Brother (2004) and Best Supporting Male for The Hurt Locker (2009).
- Opened a bar in Brooklyn called NoBar in 2011.
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Linda Nellie — Sister
- Louis Gordon — Uncle
- Frances Gordon — Aunt
- Tomella McPherson — Aunt
- Willie Mackie — Father
- Wilma Gordon — Aunt
- Sheletta Chapital — Significant Other
- Attris Gordon — Uncle
- Florzell Williams — Aunt
- Martha G. Mackie — Mother
- Mosella Franklin — Aunt
- Willie Mackie Jr. — Brother
- Joe Matthew — Uncle
- Calvin Mackie — Brother
- Maryane Holland — Sister
- Elvin Williams — Uncle
- Otalee Johnson — Aunt
- Phillip Gordon — Uncle
- The Juilliard School, New York, NY (2001)
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $1.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By PBS (DIRECT)Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $34.91 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)