After honing her craft off-Broadway, the Brooklyn-raised actor made her first big impression in the indie wedding comedy True Love, which earned her an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Female Lead. She subsequently appeared in a number of films, both indies, such as Cop Land and The Addiction, and mainstream movies, including the romantic comedies Mr. Wonderful and The Night We Never Met. An Emmy-nominated turn as Tony Soprano's mistress on The Sopranos launched a new career on the small screen, which continued with a role on the short-lived Queens Supreme, followed by her critically lauded turn as a know-it-all detective on Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Despite her popularity in the role, she left the series after one season, and later landed in the quirky hospital drama Mental, which lasted one season in 2009.
- Trained in both theater and classical dance as a youngster.
- Studied acting at Hagen-Berghoff Studio and American Academy of Dramatic Arts, both in New York City.
- Made her TV-movie debut in 1988 playing Sophia Loren's daughter in Mario Puzo's The Fortunate Pilgrim.
- Founded the Brass Ring Theater Company at the age of 20.
- One of the only actresses who can say she had the opportunity to throw meat at James Gandolfini. As she told Entertainment Weekly, regarding the filming of Gloria's meltdown in The Sopranos: "I hit him pretty much every time I threw it. They wanted me to use a fake sponge steak, but it didn't throw the same way."
- In 2009, she appeared in the short-lived hospital drama Mental, which lasted one season.
- 2001, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Bobby Cannavale — Ex-significant Other
- Joe Petruzzi — Ex-husband
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Annabella Gloria Philomena Sciorra
- Birth Place: Wethersfield, CT
- Birthday: March 24, 1964, Aries
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 6. Scandal: You Can't Take Command
- 7. Empire: Pilot