A voluptuous blonde bombshell with a tempestuous and ultimately tragic personal life, this former model was famous for being infamous. After dropping out of high school, Smith found herself married with a child by the time she turned 18. But her marriage was short-lived, and following a gig as a topless dancer, she posed for a 1992 Playboy spread that got her lots of exposure. By 1993 she was striking sexy, Marilyn-like poses in ads for Guess jeans. The following year, the 26-year-old married longtime fan and octogenarian millionaire J. Howard Marshall II and made her film debut as a sexpot in The Hudsucker Proxy. Following her husband's death in 1995, she and his other heirs engaged in a bitter battle over his fortune and she soon filed for bankruptcy. Smith's career faltered in the late '90s amidst her increasingly outlandish behavior, fluctuating weight, and rumors of drug use. But the advent of reality TV gave Smith a second chance at the spotlight, and she launched The Anna Nicole Show in 2002. Featuring an out-of-it Smith and her entourage, the series was high camp. While it only lasted two seasons, her misadventures kept her in the public eye. In September 2006, Smith's son Daniel died of a lethal combination of drugs while visiting his mother in a Bahamas hospital just three days after she gave birth to daughter Dannielynn Hope. Following her beloved son's death, Smith became increasingly fragile and emotional. Just 5 months later, in February 2007, Smith died after being found unconscious in a Florida hotel room; the cause of death was an accidental overdose of multiple prescription drugs. The tragic starlet's daughter is being raised by Smith's ex-boyfriend Larry Birkhead; Birkhead (and not Smith's companion Howard K. Stern) was found to be the father of Dannielynn following a paternity dispute.
- Named Playboy Playmate of the Year in 1993.
- Married 89-year-old J. Howard Marshall II in 1994 when she was 26; marriage lasted 14 months until his death in 1995.
- Declared bankruptcy in California in 1996; was engaged in a protracted legal battle over her late husband's estate.
- Briefly wrote a gossip column for the National Enquirer.
- Dannielynn Hope Marshall Birkhead — Daughter
- Amy Hogan — Half Sister
- Billy Wayne Smith — Ex-husband
- Larry Birkhead — Ex-significant Other
- Donald Eugene Hogan — Father
- J. Howard Marshall II — Husband (deceased)
- Daniel Smith — Son
- Donna Faye Hogan — Half Sister
- Howard K. Stern — Significant Other
- Virgie Hogan — Mother