- Moved so often in her childhood (her father was in the Navy) that she never attended a school for more than two years.
- First TV job was as an intern with KTVL in Medford, OR, where she eventually became the station's first female news reporter.
- Bungee jumped off England's Transporter Bridge in 2007 to raise money for United Way and Save the Children.
- Is active in breast-cancer charities.
- Is an International Women's Media Foundation board member.
- Was named Today coanchor in 2011, following anchor Meredith Vieira's decision to leave the show.
- McKenzie Ross — Daughter
- Brian Ross — Husband
- Hiroe Curry — Mother
- Bob Curry — Father
- Walker Ross — Son
- University of Oregon, Eugene, OR (BA in Journalism, 1978)
Next On TVSee all »
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 7. Neighbors With Benefits: Welcome To The Neighborhood