Anika Noni Rose Celebrity
- Made her Broadway debut in 1998 as Rusty in the musical Footloose.
- Won a 2001 Obie Award, along with the rest of the cast, for the off-Broadway play Eli's Comin'.
- First major movie role was in the 2003 comedy From Justin to Kelly.
- Auditioned for a back-up-singer role in the 2004 Broadway musical Caroline, or Change but got the supporting role of Emmie, which earned her many accolades as well as a Tony.
- Had to wear 6-inch heels in Dreamgirls to appear in frame with much taller costars Beyoncé Knowles and Jennifer Hudson.
- Played Maggie in the all-black 2008 Broadway revival of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
- Provided the voice for Princess Tiana, Disney's first black princess, in the 2009 animated movie The Princess and the Frog.
- 2004, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Musical): Winner
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2014, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- John Rose Jr. — Father
- Claudia Rose — Mother
- Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL (BA in Theater); American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco, CA (MFA, 1997)
Trending TonightSee all »
By HBO StudiosUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $34.96 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By Sony Pictures Home EntertainmentUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $22.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)