- His father used to take him sailing around the Dorset coast, where he caught the eye of UK national racing coach Jim Saltonstall.
- Took Olympic gold in Star Class sailing after teaming up with childhood friend Iain Percy at the 2008 Beijing Games.
- Was awarded Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2009 New Years Honours.
- Won gold at the 2010 Star World Championships in Rio de Janeiro.
- Simpson's yacht capsized in San Francisco bay during training with the Swedishteam Artemis Racing for the 34th America's Cup.
- Pangbourne College, Berkshire, England
- Birth Name: Andrew James Simpson
- Birth Place: Chertsey, Surrey, England
- Died: May 9, 2013
- Profession: Sailor
Trending TonightSee all »
The CW's Riverdale gang is a lot like these Dawson's Creek characters