- Born in Los Angeles but raised in England by a British mother and American father; has dual citizenship.
- Was a gymnast and swimmer in school.
- Got his first two professional acting jobs before he'd graduated from college.
- Was named Outstanding Newcomer at the 2006 Evening Standard Theater Awards for his stage work on the West End.
- Shared the 2007 London Theatre Critics Circle Most Promising Newcomer Award with Connie Fisher.
- First big-screen role was in the Robert Redford-directed Lions for Lambs (2007).
- 2016, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actor in an Action Movie: Winner
- 2011, BAFTA Film Awards — Rising Star Award: Nominee
- 2011, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Supporting Actor: Nominee
- 2017, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Leading Actor: Nominee
- 2011, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2016, AACTA Awards — Best Lead Actor: Winner
- 2011, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Supporting Actor: Nominee
- 2012, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 2016, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actor: Nominee
- 2017, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 2016, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2010, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Shannon Woodward — Ex-significant Other
- Richard Garfield — Father
- Emma Stone — Ex-significant Other
- Central School of Speech and Drama, London, England (2004)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Andrew Russell Garfield
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
He demonstrates the bukkehorn, the tagelharpa and the lyre