- Is a great-great-great grandson of New York Central Railroad founder Cornelius Vanderbilt.
- Began modeling at age 10 for Ford Models.
- Worked as a summer intern at the CIA while in college; after college, studied Vietnamese at the University of Hanoi.
- Got his start in TV news at Channel One, the cable network that broadcasts to schools; left after six months to do freelance reporting from world hot spots, including Burma, Bosnia and Rwanda.
- Hosted ABC's short-lived reality show The Mole in 2001.
- His memoir, Dispatches from the Edge, topped the New York Times bestseller list in June 2006.
- Recorded the narrator voice-overs for the 2011 Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
- Has won news Emmys for his reporting on CNN and ABC.
- Wyatt Cooper — Father
- Gloria Vanderbilt — Mother
- Leopold Stanislaus Stokowski — Stepbrother
- Carter Vanderbilt Cooper — Brother
- Christopher Stokowski — Stepbrother
- Yale University, New Haven, CT (BA in Political Science, 1989)
Season 47, Episode 36
- Birth Name: Anderson Hays Cooper
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Birthday: June 3, 1967, Gemini
- Profession: News anchor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: