From an early age, this beauty harbored a desire to perform. By the time her acting career took off, Smart had already studied ballet and found success as a model. After landing a few bit parts in commercials and made-for-TV movies, she made her film debut in 1996's The Last Time I Committed Suicide
. On the silver screen, she made an impression as the brainy high-school girlfriend of a quarterback facing the strains of youth in Varsity Blues
(1999). Playing a love interest suited her, and she soon appeared as an object of affection in the coming-of-age story Outside Providence
(1999). On the small screen, her recurring role on Felicity
further exposed her to the teen set, and she used that fame and appeal to win a lead part as a hippie on the NBC miniseries The '70s
. Next, she cultivated a sex-symbol status when she portrayed a seductress and went topless for a scene in the comedy Road Trip
(2000). Her good looks and girl-next-door charm led to parts in features that centered on male characters vying for her attention in films including The Butterfly Effect
(2004), Starsky & Hutch
(2004), Just Friends
(2005). She won more hearts in a recurring romantic role on Scrubs
and then joined the cast of the short-lived crime drama Smith
. Though Smith
failed to find an audience, she went on to widen her fan base with the 2006 action-packed flick Crank
and its 2009 follow-up, Crank 2: High Voltage
. Off-screen, she enjoys a long-time relationship with actor Branden Williams, and remains actively involved with environmental causes such as Heal the Bay and The Environmental Media Association.Amy Smart Fast Facts:
- In her youth, she studied ballet.
- Before acting, she was a fashion model for prestigious companies such as Dolce & Gabbana.
- Made movie debut in 1996's The Last Time I Committed Suicide.
- After appearing in the 2008 horror flick Mirrors, she took to the dance floor for the 2009 romantic drama Love N' Dancing.
- Has served on the board of the environmental organization Heal the Bay.
- Amy Smart Relationships:
- Carter Oosterhouse - Husband
- Adam Smart - Brother
- Branden Williams - Ex-significant Other