- Her surname Sherman is actually her father's stage name as a comedian.
- Trained as a dancer from age 4; received a callback for a touring company of the musical Cats, but decided to join the writing staff of Roseanne instead.
- Based the setting of Gilmore Girls on a small Connecticut town where she had vacationed—the inn had a pumpkin patch and patrons at the local diner went behind the counter for coffee.
- Has never watched the final season of Gilmore Girls; she and her husband Dan left the show over an impasse with the CW network following Season 6.
- 2014, Tony — Revival of a Musical: Nominee
- 1992, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Achievement in Writing in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Daniel Palladino — Husband
- Don Sherman — Father
- Maybin Hewes — Mother
Season 7, Episode 2
- Birth Place: Van Nuys, CA
- Birthday: October 8, 1966,
- Profession: Screenwriter, Producer, Director
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: