- Contracted bacterial meningitis at age 19 and had to have both of her legs amputated below the knee; also lost her spleen and had a kidney donated to her by her father.
- Co-founded (with Daniel Gale) Adaptive Action Sports, a non-profit that introduces sports to people with physical disabilities, in 2005.
- Appeared on The Amazing Race in 2012.
- Competed in the debut of snowboard cross at the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
- Appeared on Dancing with the Stars in 2014, partnered with Derek Hough.
- Tours as a motivational speaker.
- Daniel Gale — Husband
- Sheri Purdy — Mother
- Stef Purdy — Father
- Crystal — Sister
Season 14, Episode 8
- Birth Place: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- Birthday: November 7, 1979, Scorpio
- Profession: Snowboarder