- Contracted bacterial meningitis at age 19 and had to have both of her legs amputated below the knee; also lost her spleen and had a kidney donated to her by her father.
- Co-founded (with Daniel Gale) Adaptive Action Sports, a non-profit that introduces sports to people with physical disabilities, in 2005.
- Appeared on The Amazing Race in 2012.
- Competed in the debut of snowboard cross at the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
- Appeared on Dancing with the Stars in 2014, partnered with Derek Hough.
- Tours as a motivational speaker.
- Crystal — Sister
- Daniel Gale — Significant Other
- Sheri Purdy — Mother
- Stef Purdy — Father
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative