- Father was a singing cowboy and rice farmer; older brother, Matthew, is also an actor.
- Wrote an essay about acting titled "The Reality of Make Believe" that was published by Newsweek in 1995, when she was a senior at Cal State, Chico.
- Made her TV debut in Stolen Innocence, a 1995 Tracey Gold TV-movie filmed in Chico.
- Performed with Grey's Anatomy alum T.R. Knight in a 2001 production of Amadeus at the Tyrone Guthrie Theatre in Minneapolis. (He played Mozart, she his wife, Costanze).
- Made theatrical-film debut (as Miss Minneapolis) in the 2002 beauty-pageant mockumentary Drop Dead Gorgeous.
- Was a regular on the short-lived NBC sitcoms M.Y.O.B. (2000) and A.U.S.A. ('03) and the '06-07 ABC relationship-drama series What About Brian?
- Has had recurring roles in Private Practice and Necessary Roughness.
- Matthew Detmer — Brother
- Bernardo Targett — Ex-husband
- Susan Thurman Detmer — Mother
- Melvin Lester Detmer — Father
- Attended University of California, Santa Cruz, CA; California State University, Chico, CA (BA in Theatre, 1995); New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, NY (MFA in Acting, 1998)
Season 3, Episode 4
- Birth Name: Amanda Jeannette Detmer
- Birth Place: Contra Costa County, CA
- Birthday: September 27, 1971, Libra
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: