One of the few actresses to successfully break through the pitfalls of childhood stardom, Alyssa Milano went from tomboy to cutesy teen to all-out vixen in about a decade. After kick-starting her career in a production tour of the musical Annie
at age 7, she landed an eight-year role as darling daughter Samantha Micelli on the 1984-92 family sitcom Who's the Boss?
But she eclipsed her squeaky-clean 1980s sitcom image with a sizzling turn as scandalous New York teen Amy Fisher in the 1993 TV-movie Casualties of Love: The 'Long Island Lolita' Story
. Following this was an uninhibited performance in the 1995 film Embrace of the Vampire
, numerous small-screen roles (including Melrose Place
) and big-time romances (actors Scott Wolf and Brian Krause, baseball pitchers Carl Pavano and Barry Zito). Yet her eight-year role as fashion-plate witch Phoebe Halliwell on Charmed
(1998-2006) is what brightened her star wattage and turned her into a popular download. Her off-screen life was charmed as well when she married Hollywood agent David Bugliari in 2009. An animal-rights champion and a vegetarian, Milano is also an avid baseball fan who authored the book Safe at Home: Confessions of a Baseball Fanatic
and launched Touch, a sports-clothing line for women.Alyssa Milano Fast Facts:
- Toured the U.S. in a production of the musical Annie, as one of the orphans, at the age of 7.
- Featured in an exercise video for teens in 1988.
- Has released five albums in Japan; all went platinum.
- Played Amy Fisher in the TV-movie Casualties of Love: The 'Long Island Lolita' Story (1993).
- Joined the cast of Melrose Place from 1997-98.
- She and her family created a family-friendly Web site for searching out celebrities in movies, television and music. This came on the heels of unscrupulous use of her image on the Internet.
- In 2007, launched Touch, a sports-clothing line for women.
- An avid baseball fan, she wrote Safe at Home: Confessions of a Baseball Fanatic; the 2009 book included a forward by famed manager Joe Torre.
- Is a vegetarian who is active with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
- She has also been involved in UNICEF.
- Alyssa Milano Relationships:
- Corey Haim - Ex-significant Other
- Scott Wolf - Ex-fiancé
- Cory Milano - Brother
- Cinjun Tate - Ex-husband
- Thomas M. Milano - Father
- Lin Milano - Mother
- Elizabella Dylan Bugliari - Daughter
- David Bugliari - Husband
- Milo Thomas Bugliari - Son